This is our most common type of New Patient Appointment. Here is what to expect: Your Hygienist will greet you and bring you back into the operatory. Feel free to point out any areas of concern such as pain, swelling or sensitivity to your hygienist and if you would like these concerns addressed today. Now it’s time to collect some diagnostic data so that the Dentist can review as part of your dental examination. Your Hygienist will:
- Take a Full set X-of Rays
- Take Intraoral pictures of any teeth of concern
- Perform your pre-screening for Oral Cancer
- Screen your gums for the presence of periodontal disease
- Chart all existing dentistry you have.
- Review any obvious dental pathology
After all the initial diagnostics are done the Dentist will come in and perform your dental examination and review with you the status of your dental health along with various options to get you healthy.
It’s now time to get your teeth cleaned. All of our hygienist are great, so sit back, relax and relish in the thought of how clean and smooth your teeth are about to feel!